Sunday 2 August 2009

R.I.P. Baatin

J Dilla, Baatin, T3 By Mpozi Details are scarce at the moment, all everyone knows is that he died today, I shall post an update once more information has leaked.

Now I’m not going to claim that I’m a fan of Slum Village, I know very little about this group and the Detroit Hip Hop scene as a whole. All I know is that Hip Hop as a culture and a genre has suffered great loss over the years and Baatin can sadly be added to the long list(that also includes ex-Slum Village producer/MC J Dilla, ) If your a fan of Slum Village keep bumping their music and keep supporting underground Hip Hop, if your not, go out and get some Slum Village and enjoy listening to some good music. I’m in the latter and shall be blazing their back catalogue on my iPod tommorow.

Its good to learn about artists new and old but its depressing that I should get into their music under such sad circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment